Monday, August 3, 2009

Snowboard shop employees...?

I am looking for a good pair of soft womens snowboarding boots, I have gotten mixed reactions by going "soft" but I have been using several different hard boots for many years and it's just killing my calves and ankles. I have good structured bindings so my buddy told me it would be okay to go with a softer boot? I ride everything; trails, park, trees, and backcountry and I have been riding for 12 years. I just do it for fun now.





I also have skinny heels so they lift out of most boots quite a bit. I'd like to fix that if you have any ideas?





I have been to several shops and haven't found anything that really fits me, so I'm desperate for help.





Thanks!

Snowboard shop employees...?
Try Northwave and Salomon boots both these brands are a narrow fit and are more suited to people with skinny heels, and come in both soft and hard boots. You need to go to a snowboard store with a large selection of boots and try on a large range and go with the ones that are the most comfortable and fit your feet the best. They should be tight but still comfortable your toes should brush against the front of the nose of the boot, and as you already know your heel should move with the base of the boot rather than pull through, Good Luck.
Reply:Totally agree with Salomon boots. I've been riding wow, I guess about 14 years now, have a size 10 boot, with an extremely narrow heel and Salomon boots are the only boots that I have found that hold my heel in place. You can also ask the shop if they have butterfly pads - these are pads that you stick on the outside of your inner liner - looks like a butter fly because its "wings" would wrap around the outside of your ankle bones and the cut out at the bottom helps create an additional heel cup to help hold your heel in place.





Good luck!



interest rate

No comments:

Post a Comment