Friday, July 31, 2009

Has anyone ever used Cavallo simple hoof boots?

I just got a some and so far I really like them for my barefoot horse.


She seems to ride with more ease on the road and on rough ground.





I was just wondering what other people thought, and if you have had them a while, do they wear well?

Has anyone ever used Cavallo simple hoof boots?
I have a pair and really like them alot. I got mine in September 07 so really haven't had them all that long. The only problem I have had so far is that they will rub a raw spot on my horses' pastern. I just ordered the ankle socks(boots whatever) but I haven't used them yet. I do not put boots on my horse every time I ride I only use them when I am riding over 3 hours or more then one day in a row. The fit is so snug that my horses foot needs to be pretty trim for them to fit him correctly. If the toe is slightly long we need to wear it down for the boot to fit. I am looking forward to using mine in the snow. I bet with the solid bottom I won't have the "snowball" issue that makes winter riding so dangerous.
Reply:I had a friend who bought them and didn't like them, she switched to Old Macs and loves them. I also have Old Macs and wouldn't ride my barefoot horse out on rough terrain without them. Old Macs has a gaiter that helps to protect the horse's pastern and helps to keep sand and debri from entering the boot. I've used them in all terrains from water and mud to rocky and sandy and have not had a problem. I've owned them for about 6 months and they are doing great! I've gone on 15 mile rides and he never missed a lick. I've even used them for turn out when he had some residual soreness from hoof trimming.



FISH

No comments:

Post a Comment