Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm 5'10" and 130 pounds with size 11.5 boots. What snowboards should I look at?

I have a 2005/2006 Burton Royale 158, but think it's a bit too big for me considering my weight.





About my riding style: I live in New England, so I won't be doing much big mountain riding. I do like going off big jumps and hitting the half pipe at least once or twice a day, but I spend more of my time on the mountain than in the park. So I'm not sure if a freestyle board would be right for me.





I feel like something in the 154 range would suit me, which would be fine except for the fact that most boards that size are too narrow. My current board has a waist width of 254, which works out pretty well. Given that I don't angle my bindings very much (3-10 degrees max), how much narrower do you think I can go? I don't really want anything wider (maybe up to 256?), so wide boards are out of the question.





Given all that information, any suggestions?





Thanks.

I'm 5'10" and 130 pounds with size 11.5 boots. What snowboards should I look at?
It sounds like the sort of board you should go for is an all mountain board and the sort of size you should get is around a 154 like you said. Nitro make alot of good All mounatin boards the Revolt, Pantera and Pantera LX all come in mid wide widths. Some other goods one to consider are the Signal OG, Stepchild Corparte and Arbor Wasteland. Also check out Option im not that up on there current boards but they used to make quite a few midwides, and remember many midwides come in regular sizes also so when buying a board make sure you get a midwide one, Good Luck.
Reply:Call us toll free, We have Arbor and Signal, and Burton and others. We'll help you select the right board.


http://noschoolsnowboardshop.com/


Thanks!



sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment