Sunday, April 19, 2009

What is a good brand of show gaitors/ half chaps that look like tall boots?

Hello. I%26#039;m getting ready to go to my first show at the end of this month after 6 years of riding. I have a pair of ill-fitting Devon Aire field boots, but they%26#039;re also extremley uncomfortable. I really prefer half chaps. I%26#039;m also in need of some new paddock boots, so I was wondering if anyone would advise against using the half chaps that are designed to look like a propper field boot when paired with the right paddock boot. I am on a limited budget, hence the reason I%26#039;ve been riding for 6 years and this is just my first show. I%26#039;ve heard good things about Ariat, and experienced their quality in other riding apparel, so I%26#039;m leaning toward their Crowne Pro Chap. Are their any other brands available in the USA that are similar, but maybe a little less expensive? I%26#039;m torn between investing in a nice pair that will last and just getting through this fall%26#039;s small shows until I have a little more money.

What is a good brand of show gaitors/ half chaps that look like tall boots?
Personally, I would find some reasonably priced field boots. Some show will NOT allow half chaps/paddock boots at all. You can find decently priced field boots, probably for less than the nicer half chaps and paddock boots would cost you. I happened to find some Ariat field boots with the zipper back for under $200 at a store closeout. Or you could even get a pair of the synthetic ones for under $100 just to get you through a few shows until you can get some nicer ones. Check out www.doversaddlery.com, they have a lot of choices...lots of online tack shops have a good selection. Also, I%26#039;ve noticed when buying Ariats to get a half size larger than you usually wear since they run a little small.
Reply:i would def. say invest in a pair of tall boots, you can even look on consignment! (sp) hah.


but i love my ariats.


they look exactly like my ariat tall boots.





GOOD luck : )



sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment